This page is dedicated to my family.
The family consists of:
- Mum = Gina Bortoletto 60-something years young and a great cook and organiser
- Dad = Walter Bortoletto 60-something years old and a wine lover
- Me = Dianne Bortoletto, 40-ish, PR professional and married to Andrew Petrelis, no kids, puppy called Bella, proudly Australian and Italian
- Snotta = Susie King, member of ‘club 40’, my sister, married to Ben, mum to Indianna and Sam, she either is very passionate about something, or couldn’t really care less
- Benno = Ben King, almost 40, Event and Marketing Director, married to Susie, dad to Indianna and Sam, mad cricket and Kangaroos fan. Skip
- Indi = Indianna King, 9, my gorgeous niece who knows her own mind
- Sam = Sam King, 7, my cheeky terror of a nephew
We shared a trip of a lifetime together – two weeks together in Italia in July 2012. Thanks to the trip’s valued sponsor, Mum & Dad. Best present to us ever x x
The Greeks (sort of):
Zorba’s family, my Greek family, consists of:
- Katie Petrelis, Zorba’s mother and Yia Yia to her triplet grandchildren. Born in Alexandria to Cypriot father and Lebanese mother. A great cook and spoke five languages as a child. Greek-Cypriot.
- Zorba is my husband Andrew John Petrelis, (only just) 40-something, IT Systems Administrator, dedicated Hawthorn AFL silver member, professional eater, Greek. Or Cypriot, or Lebanese or Egyptian. Depends on who he is talking to and what mood he’s in.
- Marnie Paoliello, 40-something, Zorba’s little sister, qualified accountant, mum to triplet boys. If you wear nice things around Marnie, she’ll ask to borrow them.
- Con Paoliello, 40-something, Marnie’s husband, partner in a large multinational accounting firm. Father to triplet boys. An organiser. Italian – yay!
- Leo, 11 years old, is a creative soul, into cooking, playing, and painting. Half Italian, half Greek
- John, 11 years old, a sportsman in the making. John has been corrupted by his Uncle Andrew to follow Hawthorn FC. Half Italian, half Greek
- Matthew, 11 years old, loves to talk non-stop and when he is not talking, you can find him buried in a book. Half Italian, half Greek