This weekend, Taste of Perth – touted as Perth’s greatest restaurant festival – has got some hot new stalls to tempt taste buds, held at Langley Park from tomorrow through until Sunday.
Buy tickets online quick for just $20 (instead of $30).
See the full program and menu card here
The Shorehouse, led by Head Chef Ollie Gould, will be offering Shark Bay cuttle fish and blue swimmer crab for seafood lovers.
The first crowdfunded restaurant Lucky Chans will be bringing their people-pleasing bao’s to Taste of Perth for the first time, offering the perfect accompaniment of Beers & Baos.
There’ll be 36 dishes on offer from the Taste of Perth restaurant line up that includes:
• Print Hall – Award winning Perth favourite Print Hall returns to Taste of Perth with dishes from their diverse range of dining options from oysters to teriyaki short rib.
• Asado – Offering options for the adventurous diner, preview their tripe house sausage at Taste of Perth before it’s added to their restaurant menu. For the super brave, Asado will be
dishing up their signature pig head tacos.
• Nobu – Featuring festival-first soba noodle soup, Nobu will also be serving their world famous yellowtail sashimi served with jalapeño and yuzu soy.
• Manuka Woodfire- Also a newcomer to Taste of Perth, Manuka Woodfire will have plenty on offer including dishes to cater for the vegos from blackened carrots to a festival exclusive roasted apples and figs.
• Silks – Serving their iconic wok fried king prawns with honey lime glaze and crispy red rice, Silks will also have a Taste of Perth special mango panna cotta to cleanse your palate and come back for more.
• Bib & Tucker – Showcasing local hero ingredient WA famous Fremantle Octopus, Bib & Tucker will be roasting octopus with ink cracker, beetroot skordalia and khol rabi.
• Bistro Guillaume – Serving a delectable leg of duck confit with peas, speck and shallot.
Each restaurant will create 3-4 exquisite signature dishes in ‘taste’ sized portions starting at just $6 per dish, allowing you to create your dream tasting menu.
Visitors will have the opportunity to cook and dine with their with some of Perth’s culinary superstars including Hadleigh Troy (Restaurant Amusé), Scott Bridger (Bib & Tucker), Joel Valvasori (Lalla Rookh) and Robert Murphy (Bistro Guillaume), as well as one of Sydney’s hottest chefs, Nelly Robinson (nel.).
Book your tickets now at Ticketek in advance to save 30% off the door price.
Taste of Perth operates like a restaurant with a lunch and dinner service. A Taste session lasts for 4–5 hours (session dependent) to give you time to enjoy your pick of restaurant dishes, browse the artisan stalls, enjoy some of the many attractions and relax to the live entertainment. Tickets are sold for each session and are only valid for the time and date indicated on the ticket.
Lunch sessions Friday 12:00 – 4:00pm – FREE!! Thanks City of Perth.
Friday dinner 5:30 – 9:30pm
Saturday lunch 12:00 – 4:00pm and dinner 5:30 – 9:30pm
Sunday 12:00 – 5:00pm
WHAT: Taste of Perth in partnership with Electrolux 2016
WHEN: Friday 29 April – Sunday 1 May 2016 – lunch sessions from 12pm, dinner from 5.50pm
WHERE: Langley Park, Perth
TICKETS: QUICK – just $20 at Ticketek or pay $30 at the gate
Photo credits: Jessica Wyld