I asked Masterchef’s Gary Mehigan about where to eat in New York City. Without blinking an eye, he told me to get my iPhone out and start recording.
Here are Gary’s tips on where to eat in New York:
- Ssam Bar, 207 Second Ave (at 13th street) NY. Tel: +1 212-254-3500
- ABC Kitchen, 35 E 18th St, New York, NY 10003, Tel: +1 212-475-5829
- Katz’s Delicatessen, 205 East Houston Street, NY 10002. Tel: +1 212-254-2246
- Blue Bird Coffee, 72 E 1st St, New York, NY 10003. Tel: +1 212-260-1879
- Fette Sau BBQ, 354 Metropolitan Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11211. Tel: +1 718-963-3404
- Shake Shack, Various locations: Southeast corner of Madison Square Park near Madison Ave. and E.23rd St: +1 212-889-6600
- The Burger Joint, 119 W 56th St, New York, NY 10019. Tel: +1 212-245-5000
- Per Se, 10 Columbus Cir #4, New York, NY 10019. Tel: +1 212-823-9335
Foodies – have you got any tips on where to eat in New York? Please share them in the comments below or on Facebook.
We’ll be there for a few nights in July. Can’t wait!
You’ll probably struggle to get to all of these and Gary’s in only a few nights but here’s my 10c worth;
* Cafe Habana 17 Prince St, New York, Tel +1 212-625-2001 – you HAVE to go here!
* The Spotted Pig 314 W 11th St, New York, Tel +1 212-620-0393
* Old Homestead Steakhouse 56 9th Ave (between 14th & 15th st) New York, Tel +1 212-242-9040 for a classic American steakhouse experience.
Hey Paul – wow, that’s a great list, thank you! Someone else suggested The Spotted Pig so might have to book that one in for sure. So many choices, so little time … x
As per the clip, Burger Joint and Katz. I’d also add:
Barney Greengrass – 541 Amsterdam Ave – famed for Hitchcock and Groucho Marx having been customers. It’s amazing, authentic and still a proper neighbourhood experience. Opt for the Bialy over the Bagel.
WD50 – 50 Clinton Street, between Rivington and Stanton – Wylie Dufrasne’s cooking is refined and unpretentious, while having real innovative edge.
Lukes Lobster – multiple locations – amazing fresh lobster rolls. Lobster brought in from Maine.
Diner – 85 Broadway, Brooklyn – quintessential Williamsburg – very cool, great food
Brooklyn Brewery – 79 North 11th St – great beer – nuff said
Veselka – 144 2nd Ave – Ukranian Soul Food – Borscht is a must.
That’s awesome Max! Thanks for your tips 🙂
Pingback: Calling for travel tips: first leg, France and Italy | TravellettoTravelletto
Pingback: The Spotted Pig, New York | Travelletto